View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Laur12

Alcoholic Husband Will Not Stop

My AH just finished rehab less than 2 weeks ago. He has been drinking our whole marriage (almost 11 years). He lies constantly and drinks in an isolated way straight from the vodka bottle. It got worse and worse and the last year and a half was a nightmare. He finally checked himself into a rehab. The 3 to 4 weeks he was there he was like a different person. The person i loved. He came home and started drinking again immediately behind my back. So disappointing. It is now worse than ever. He is drinking and lying. But the big thing is he has convinced his family that i am crazy and he is sober. Bank account transactions at the liquor store don’t lie! He blames me for everything and his mother told me it is all my fault. This is a woman with an alcoholic husband and two alcoholic sons. She told me her son is trying to get sober and i am “ridiculous” for questioning him. I realize it is time to go. But i am so sad. Because he is going to die. The dr told him a year and a half ago that if he doesn’t stop he will die. I go to al anon and it helps a lot. I understand I cannot control him. And i know i need to leave. I just can’t understand it. He sat there in rehab telling me he couldn’t wait to get home and start our new life together. That lasted a couple hours Just worried about him dying. Thanks for letting me vent. Any thoughts?