Old 08-15-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Regret & Remorse - Do they, will they ever go away? Weekenders 16 - 19 August 2019

Welcome to the Weekenders

Regret & Remorse - Do they, will they ever go away?

I didn’t murder anyone or anything like that.
I didn’t do anything illegal, knowingly, though I’m ashamed to say I suspect I may have been over the limit some mornings, unbeknownst.

Will I ever stop feeling the guilt from when I drank?

Past memories pop up, out of the blue, and I’m saddened by how I behaved when drunk?

I can’t turn the clock back ever.

All I can do is endeavour to be sober and live a good life.

As I wandered around SR I came upon some precious words by weasel, an SR member. They are as follows:

"Forgive yourself."

If you allow yourself to feel guilty, you will reinforce the error rather than allow it to be undone. Move past it.

The people here have helped me realize that a softer touch is the best approach to moving past myself.

So how about our newest? or anyone really... Take this next 48 hours to do nothing but forgive yourself. If you are like me you will need to do it over and over and over as each new thought rears its ugly head.

Forgiving yourself takes practice. Real efforts. So focusing on that for a period can help train your sober mind!

I think we can be too hard on ourselves sometimes, I know I am and I’m going to practice to forgiving myself each day.

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes. (We’re here all week too!)