Thread: Oh Well Part 2
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

I didn't cry too much. My dear friend is a very direct and pragmatic person. She called me immediately when I texted but didn't have a lot of time to talk. So I gave her the cliff notes version of this last week. We talked about that for a few minutes, then she said, "Let me tell you what's been going on with us." This is one of the reasons the woman is my best friend. We don't talk nearly as often as we ought to, but when we do, it's an even exchange. Unless I'm in dire straits, then she gives me her all, only expecting that I will work on getting better.

Mom's response was basically, "Well, yeah. The girl is 26 years old!" I love my mom.

Two goals for the day: mow the lawn and get to a meeting. The thought of going to a meeting every day sort of grates on my nerves, but it's something I feel must be done at this time to keep me focused on sobriety. I actually mostly like them, just hate that the organization is supposedly not religious but we say The Lord's Prayer at the end of each one. How is that not religious? Do they do this everywhere or is it just in my region?