Old 08-04-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Newbeginning421

Welcome to the site. Since joining here in April it is by far the longest sobriety time I have ever had! Keep active in your recovery either on here or in person. For me actively posting several times a day really helped. Take it easy and be patient don't try to do everything at once baby steps. Find some healthy hobbies and lifestyle changes again baby steps won't happen over night. I found going to gym early in the morning and eating much healthier has helped keep me on track. If I am in bed by 10-11. I am not out at a bar drinking. Reach out if you need help and don't isolate, the first 2 weeks can be rough but gets much better after you get through initial withdrawals. Think the trickiest part is when you start to feel fine again and think oh I will just have a few next time. Amazing how many times I did that in the past after nursing a terrible hangover. You will have many up and down emotions early on, won't be easy but face them and learn to deal with them. I know personally I used alcohol as an escape when I did want to face things. Learning to deal with unpleasant things in life instead of drowning them out is important. Goodluck!