View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Briansy

I've decided alright, Sober. I wouldn't be on here posting every day if I hadn't. I tried AA for a lot more than 5 weeks. It's not for me. I am not following a "programme" designed by someone else but am trying to take as much information and wisdom from others (unless of course it's the AA doctrine which I don't buy into) as I can as well as calling on recent experience of being genuinely content in a range of situations without alcohol. Including this past weekend where I made sure to spend very little time in the house on my own and a lot out oi the fresh air, getting exercise and feeling good. As well as reading another book on the subject since my last slip. Like I said, I feel things have changed for me. It's probably best to stop convincing others who feel I'm in denial and follow my gut. Having said that, I do appreciate that you're simply offering tough love. But right now I am getting more out of remaining positive and continuing to get up on that horse and cracking on with my recent progress.