Old 08-04-2019, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Beachn View Post
People keep telling me it’s the addiction, but how can anyone tell the difference between alcoholism and antisocial personality disorder or narcissistic personality disorder? Is there a difference?

Why are they so egotistical, self centered, lying, conniving, backstabbing assholes even when not drinking. What the hell is it?
The difference between true NPD and alcoholism is like comparing apples to oranges. Not all mental illness is the same.

Now, that's not to say that they don't present a lot of the same things, plus different people are on different areas of the narcissism scale, not talking about true NPD.

Mental illness is selfish (not always necessarily in some dramatic and negative way). Alcoholism is selfish. The person is focused on - no surprise here - alcohol. Not on you, not on the marriage not on the children - alcohol and their relationship to alcohol.

You didn't Cause it, can't Control it and can't Cure it.

Originally Posted by Beachn View Post

thank you. I get it. Loud and clear. I’m being extremely selfish thinking I can return things to the way they were. What an ego. It’s just not possible. It’s not my fight. Mine is protecting my children and myself, educating them and showing them what a stable loving parent looks like.
When do you take up your own fight?