View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DiggingForFire

I'm curious to know which organization subscribes to the concept of "low risk alcohol users" and puts out pamphlets for this. Does the organization really group people into a "low risk" category or is the organization using the soft pedal approach in this pamphlet so as not to alienate alcoholics who are not ready to call themselves alcoholics?

I had a class once required for my profession (which is big on alcohol abuse) referring to drinking as either low risk or high risk, to avoid assume alcoholism in every case where someone drank at an unhealthy level, as there are people who drink too much to be good for themselves personally or physically without being addicts. I think also to take the judgment out of the term and just talk about the basic drinking behavior.

I would bet that HE is self defining as low risk (I I have two beers sometimes!) rather than actually fitting the definition given in the materials. Sounds like BS to me. Show me the flyer and I’ll show you which direction that quacking sound is coming from....