View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Briansy

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Well, I don't think suggesting that anyone take a look at who we are spending time with in early sobriety is harsh, B.

It's really important to choose carefully, and she sounds solid and supportive - yet non-alcoholics simply don't get it. Not fully. And we can't count on someone else to keep us accountable, active, in line, so on....Bolstering your social and support roster w people who do get it has been a recipe for my sobriety success up to today, and I've not gone wrong when erring on the side of "this great person can be someone in the picture a bit further on and along with others now"....

You also didn't respond as to whether it's romantic or heading that way- that's something most of us find we need to be very careful about in early sobriety.

You know I'm rooting for you- I'm just listening for things you say that might be part of why you relapsed and what you could consider doing differently.
I know you are - and it's greatly appreciated! Not romantic. But way more communication than there would be with a normal friend - so I don't know. A bit weird. I tell a lie, actually, I do know one other guy from my home town who's in AA. I should meet up with him soon.