View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ian38

Day 3...New Member here

This is my fifth attempt in less than a year at quitting drinking, and I'm determined to make it stick. Though my withdrawals are limited to some tremors, generalized discomfort and slight insomnia, this time around they are more noticeable and uncomfortable. I really need to get through this early part of the process.

In the past, I've only been able to make it five days; at which point I say, " see...I can stop," and resume drinking. I live alone in a rural area and have been left to my own devices in an unfamiliar area for three years, (with my alcoholism progressively getting worse) but will be relocating back to my hometown in four months. I'd like to be more than a shell of my former self when I do so.

I've been lurking for several days here, and after reading many different posts, can safely say that everyone here seems very positive and community oriented. I appreciate everything I've read, and look forward to maintaining my sobriety knowing that SR provides a very helpful resource to people struggling with addiction, and those who are steadfast in their recovery.

Thank you,

Ian38