Thread: He moved out
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
trailmix

You know it is really odd - this "thing" (yes, that is the proper psychological term) that we see posted over and over again here.

It is explained by the poster as you have, self doubt that you did in fact see what you saw, say what you said and made the right decision.

Or, sometimes the poster disbelieves all, sees it as either manipulation or the ranting and denial of the alcoholic.

I think that's another good reason to post here, attend Al-Anon, talk to close family/friends, for the perception check. The - I did see that right - right and it's really wrong - correct. Because it's been the norm so long and because the downplaying has gone on so long, it clouds your judgement. Plus, you WANT to believe him, you didn't really want to leave and have things turn out like this.

The only even partially true part of what he said is the last part:

he had to move out because I don’t like alcohol and he is not going to quit.

And it's only partially true because it's not that you don't like alcohol, it's that you don't want him to be impaired by alcohol around you and your child. If he only drank non-alcoholic beer (and was in true recovery), all would be well.