View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

Today he was off work (he is waiting on a new job to start in a couple weeks) and when I came home he was already drunk. There is a 3L bottle of vodka in the fridge. He was the worst I have ever seen him today. He vomited on himself while sitting on the couch. He swayed and swerved as he stood or walked. He spit at me several times. He punched a hole in my wall. I finally got him to bed around 7pm. He tried to get up to pee and fell over on to the floor and couldn't get up.

I am trying to remind myself that this is still better than normal. He had several weeks of being sober. He has not gone full angry A-hole yet and he didn’t drive drunk at all. He was smart enough to leave the car(my car) at the bar and get a cab home. .

first post was on 7/14 - today is only two weeks later. not several. 14 days. and he has not been sober all 14 days. he started drinking as soon as you left, 4 days ago. so his stretch of sober time was 10 days. ish.

I was gone for four days this time. He was great on Thursday. Had a couple drinks that night it’s friends but only beer and went home early. Friday he seemed fine. Saturday night he went out to watch a friend play at a bar and got wasted. Today he is a mess.

from the outside, way over here, this does not look like recovery in action. this does not look like someone who is really poised to QUIT for good. this is someone who took a bit of a break and that got back to it, hard. he's already demonstrated anger AT YOU for his drinking.

i suggest that YOU seize whatever support you can get. regardless of what he does. do not expect him to pick you up tonite. do not ask anyone that you know has been drinking to EVER drive to get you.