View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 11:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dreamwithin

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
Hello and welcome from another poly-drug abuser. Notice I didn't say user.
I've done every category of drug known in my life time.
But alcohol was always involved. That was a constant no matter what other drug I was abusing.
Thank you Ghostlight!

I was concerned that any mention of drugs. May be off-putting for your strictly alcohol only members.

Polydrug abuser is a good description. It really was a mish-mash of everything and anything. One ends up like an amateur chemist, dosages, what substances potentiate your DOC for that evening. I would have stuck anything in my mouth, up my hooter or Dilute it with warm water and do the sideways bum-skoosh. I've taken pills I've found on the ground. I knew what they were due to packaging but really they could have been anything. Pills dropped in the toilet (A non-intentional echo of Trainspotting) and in a dirty mop-bucket I've given a quick wash and taken.

I can't believe I'm admitting this, because it's the kind of thing I've never re-hashed in my own mind. It happened and I pushed it under the carpet. Now to see it in writing is horrificly - disgusting.
So dangerous.

There's one other thing I can't bring myself to write but you get the gist.

Things got out of hand - and I didn't think I was that bad.

Anyway. Enough rolling about in the detritus of too many years' bad decisions.

Recovery has begun.

Thanks again.

P. S I don't mean to imply that the term "Polydrug user' paints you with the same brush as me.