View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dreamwithin

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Welcome, and I find this message board a great support, too.

It does seem that, maybe, you could question the underlying issues that are leading you to various addictions. I know had a lot of stuff I had to deal with and work on when I stopped drinking.

I'm glad you plan on reading and posting here because I think you will always find inspiration.

Hi There... Thanks for the reply (and welcomes from the others also.)

There was a time when I was searching for... Something? Some hit that would be magical. Blow my socks off. E was fun for a while when I was younger. But I've realised now that there is no magical 60's hit that has you lying back on a bean - bag surrounded by flashing ��.

It seems really stupid. Really really stupid, but I have certainly been partially motivated by things I read - I am or should I say was a fan of Irvine Welsh. Almost all of his books have scenarios involving drug taking. It waz his description of someone's first ECSTASY experience that motivated me to try it. Same for opiates, but thankfully I never got to heroin.

I did say it was really stupid.

I had a very productive year in CBT where we got to the root cause of my feeling a need for something to offer comfort to my troubled mind, if you like. Knowing WHY helps. And it was from thst point I changed from an active user to actively trying to STOP.

I just haven't done very well on my own.

I don't know why I didn't rejoin sooner? Perhaps I wasn't quite as ready as I tbought.

NOW is definitely my time. I have really had enough. And I see my slow deterioration (even whilst trying to be abstinent) moving closer to a steep precipice.

Now is my time.

Thanks again for Taking the time to reply. I know we help ourselves by helping others. But it still impresses me greatly how fellow sufferers go out of thier way to offer a hand.

Last edited by Dreamwithin; 07-25-2019 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Spelling