View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Primativo

Yes it happened to me. Like you I never imagined in my wildest dreams I'd be oneof those people who would have a problem with alcohol, or drink in the mornings, but it sneaked up on me slowly but surely over the years. I used to need a drink earlier and earlier. I used to be able to wait till lunch time at work before I had a few drinks but yeah eventually I was waking up and needing to drink.

I'd get out of bed and feel so awful I'd pour myself a couple of vodka and oranges and have it for breakfast. I'd then pour wine into a water bottle and drink that on the way to work on the train. I'd keep myself topped up all day by popping to bars throughout the day..like you I was never really intoxicated, as my tolerance was so high, it was just maintenance. I looked and felt horrific though. I felt dead on the inside, alcohol just kills our soul and energy. I used to chew on mint gum all day and always thought I was getting away with it, but people must have surely known. I must have stunk of alcohol.

It was a truly horrible existence.