Thread: Decision
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dazedandconfus

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Maybe. Maybe not.

I hope at this point you know that listening to anything he says is pointless. His thoughts on this are changing like the wind which isn't all that surprising since he is deep in his addiction.

Please don't try to apply logic here, it will make you crazy.

You don't know that all is lost. He might go out and seek recovery in an hour, or maybe never, more will be revealed over time.

In the meantime, how about focusing some of that love and attention on yourself? You're a good person, you care, how about giving yourself a little break here.

I know it hurts like hell right now however a week from now or a few days from now you are going to have some of the fog lifting and you are going to start having (I think) a bit of a different perspective here.

He has gone from probably promising you every few months that he will seek treatment to doing that every few hours. You are on a super fast roller-coaster ride here and it's time to hop off!

Protect yourself.
dearest trail mix, god bless you for being my perspective right now. He’s pleading and swearing this is his bottom. He says he’s devastated then gets angry I won’t change my mind. He’s not packing, but keeps torturing me with words of travel. I’m a heap and he is stone faced watching game shows. He buys lunch then talks about selling his car. Sets up an apt with treatment then says he’s leaving in a week. It’s truly a roller coaster from hell. I’m gonna hole up away from him for awhile. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support. I will get thru this.