Blogs


Notices

Decision

Old 07-17-2019, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Dazedandconfus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 868
Decision

so he decided to leave now. He says he will sign the divorce papers and go back to his family. Just like that. Be gone in two weeks. After all the promises....I simply donít believe this. No fight for what we built. 20 years wasted. Poof! Unbelievable.
Dazedandconfus is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazedandconfus For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (07-18-2019), hopeful4 (07-18-2019), trailmix (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Dazedandconfus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 868
I asked him to try not to drink cuz the next one will be worse than this one. His response ďgotchaĒ. He simply doesnít care.
Dazedandconfus is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazedandconfus For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (07-18-2019), trailmix (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Dazedandconfus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 868
With my luck he will go into recovery and live happily ever after. This sucks.
Dazedandconfus is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dazedandconfus For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Dazedandconfus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 868
Thereís no regret, no remorse...heís just angry. I donít get it.
Dazedandconfus is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dazedandconfus For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Member
 
dawnrising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 500
Dazed - you are smack dab in the middle of a very long confusing grieving process. He may be coming to the realization that you will not be bullied or manipulated anymore, he may be well aware he cannot stop, or he simply has realized that he doesn't want to do the work, or it may just be another passing mood that will change on a dime. In my experience this is just another stab at trying to grasp a little control back since he can't seem to control anything else. Let it be. We are all here for you. Sober or not at some point the realization of what they have done and lost will hit and you most likely won't be there to witness it. For some it comes on their deathbed, for some it comes while chasing other relationships but time catches you and so do consequences eventually.
dawnrising is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dawnrising For This Useful Post:
AnvilheadII (07-18-2019), Bekindalways (07-18-2019), hopeful4 (07-18-2019), trailmix (07-18-2019), Zevin (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter
 
hopeful4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 13,566
Blog Entries: 10
dawnrising said it spot on. We are here for you!

You still seem to think that by doing this it's an ultimatium for him. It's much more healthy to think of this in terms of that you are doing what you need to do for YOU, setting healthy boundaries for yourself. Focusing on you.

Someone steeped into his addiction that much is not likely to change now. I hope he does, maybe it would save his own life, but you cannot control that, nor can you continue to go on as it has been.

Huge hugs.
hopeful4 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hopeful4 For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (07-18-2019), dandylion (07-18-2019), trailmix (07-18-2019), Zevin (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,614
Let him dwell and stuff. Maybe he Will come to terms with himself while he is all boozed up. And the song comes on. Dont know what you got till its gone............peace be with you. Stay strong
SoberRican is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoberRican For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (07-18-2019), Zevin (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Member
 
Hawkeye13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 9,596
Put the focus back on you.

That's the only person you can control in this situation.
Hawkeye13 is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye13 For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (07-18-2019), hopeful4 (07-18-2019), trailmix (07-18-2019), Zevin (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Member
 
trailmix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 5,815
Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post
With my luck he will go into recovery and live happily ever after. This sucks.
Maybe. Maybe not.

I hope at this point you know that listening to anything he says is pointless. His thoughts on this are changing like the wind which isn't all that surprising since he is deep in his addiction.

Please don't try to apply logic here, it will make you crazy.

You don't know that all is lost. He might go out and seek recovery in an hour, or maybe never, more will be revealed over time.

In the meantime, how about focusing some of that love and attention on yourself? You're a good person, you care, how about giving yourself a little break here.

I know it hurts like hell right now however a week from now or a few days from now you are going to have some of the fog lifting and you are going to start having (I think) a bit of a different perspective here.

He has gone from probably promising you every few months that he will seek treatment to doing that every few hours. You are on a super fast roller-coaster ride here and it's time to hop off!

Protect yourself.
trailmix is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to trailmix For This Useful Post:
Zevin (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Dazedandconfus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 868
Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Maybe. Maybe not.

I hope at this point you know that listening to anything he says is pointless. His thoughts on this are changing like the wind which isn't all that surprising since he is deep in his addiction.

Please don't try to apply logic here, it will make you crazy.

You don't know that all is lost. He might go out and seek recovery in an hour, or maybe never, more will be revealed over time.

In the meantime, how about focusing some of that love and attention on yourself? You're a good person, you care, how about giving yourself a little break here.

I know it hurts like hell right now however a week from now or a few days from now you are going to have some of the fog lifting and you are going to start having (I think) a bit of a different perspective here.

He has gone from probably promising you every few months that he will seek treatment to doing that every few hours. You are on a super fast roller-coaster ride here and it's time to hop off!

Protect yourself.
dearest trail mix, god bless you for being my perspective right now. Heís pleading and swearing this is his bottom. He says heís devastated then gets angry I wonít change my mind. Heís not packing, but keeps torturing me with words of travel. Iím a heap and he is stone faced watching game shows. He buys lunch then talks about selling his car. Sets up an apt with treatment then says heís leaving in a week. Itís truly a roller coaster from hell. Iím gonna hole up away from him for awhile. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support. I will get thru this.
Dazedandconfus is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazedandconfus For This Useful Post:
Bekindalways (07-18-2019), LovePeaceSushi (07-19-2019), trailmix (07-18-2019), Zevin (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 07:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Western US
Posts: 5,492
Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

dearest trail mix, god bless you for being my perspective right now. Heís pleading and swearing this is his bottom. He says heís devastated then gets angry I wonít change my mind. Heís not packing, but keeps torturing me with words of travel. Iím a heap and he is stone faced watching game shows. He buys lunch then talks about selling his car. Sets up an apt with treatment then says heís leaving in a week. Itís truly a roller coaster from hell. Iím gonna hole up away from him for awhile. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support. I will get thru this.
I so hope you find some distance from him. You can't start healing until you have some space and time from the craziness.

Do what you can to get away from him and if you can't start practicing the Grey Rock thingy. Ugh Dazed. This sucks.
Bekindalways is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bekindalways For This Useful Post:
hopeful4 (07-19-2019), LovePeaceSushi (07-19-2019), trailmix (07-18-2019), Zevin (07-19-2019)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 PM.