View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
That right there is one of the things that would make it feel so dark and depressing.
​​​​​​
I remember waking up still drunk right before sunrise, then after that the day was one big blur, then next thing I know it was sunset again, uggh it was horrible just being in that continuous drunken state and then realising that you're stuck again, and with the sober time I have now it makes it feel that much worse looking back at it.

Sorry if I talk about this so much it's just that to this day I'm still very baffled about what had transpired from all the drinking.
I think it’s good to talk about it. I rehash here plenty. I remind myself who I am and where I came from. It’s what reminds me of the blessing I have now.

I’m not exactly happy or content right now. But my sobriety is an intense blessing. It took nearly two years to understand that those two concepts don’t have to have anything to do with each other for me to get sober. Sobriety doesn’t have to “fix your life.” Being sober is the point, itself.