View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 11:12 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Purina

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support. I woke up with a hangover and 3 hours later I went to the store again and bought beer again today.

Now I am "in the grips" of the addiction and its going to be really hard to break free. Dont make the same mistake as me and please hang on to your quit.

We get to choose when we pick up but we dont get to choose when we come back. When you wake up that sleeping lion it will dig its teeth into you FIRMLY and the sad truth is some people never make it back.

Please keep me in your prayers. i am planning to return tomorrow and will join the July class thread. I made a really foolish mistake to pick up.

Please learn from my mistakes and do not follow my bad example. My anxiety has returned FULL FORCE now because of the drinking. And i have to deal with the Morning Terrors, the heart palpitations and the sense of impeding doom.

I did the worse possible thing I could have done: I picked up that first drink. The "Euphoria and pleasure" was very short lived and the panic and depression made up the bulk of the experience.

its like buying an $8 bottle of water at the airport. What a waste.

please learn from my experience and please hang on to your quit.