View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Abraham

I actually am finding that now that I have quit drinking I notice way more people drinking. It seems like everyone drinks. We are all different and being sober effects us all differently. No sense generalizing. Its only when YOU get sober that it seems like not as many folks drink. When I get sober it seems like alot more folks are drinking. Just sayin, probably should not use "we" or "our" when talking about symptoms and struggles etc...
I'm just back from the doctor today. My BP is down. It was 160/90 when I went last time (first time in years) but it was day 5 of my first quit after 25 years so I figured it was a tad higher than normal. Today it was 138/80 so much better. I'm off that med that was making me sick. She did not give me a alternative. Just the one I have been on. Mentioned lowering my salt and possible getting off the meds if that works.? I told her I had quit drinking and she asked if I was going to counseling. Mentioning how some get depressed. I told her no, that I was feeling great. She told me to come see her if I start drinking again because she can give me meds. They took blood and said they will call if they find anything. Last time(like 4 years ago) I was borderline high cholesterol and my triglycerides were to high to measure. Hopefully they will both be down. I had probably(pretty sure I had several shots before going) been drinking before I even gave blood. This time I'm 32 days free of the booze. I'm feeling great, even had a split second thought of grabbing a beer out of the fridge but aint doin that. I go back in 6 months as long as blood is good. Lets hope. Enjoy your weekend June class and SR in general. I'm hitting the golf course for hopefully the first time ever with out drinking. Just me and my wife and she does not drink so it wont be a big deal.