View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 08:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
itiswellwmysoul

Thank you for your thoughts!

I absolutely agree that a change in geographic location will not solve anything. As you mentioned, he is the only one who can decide his choices. As I mentioned he and I talked months before he went to rehab about moving and he was all for it. I realize that his recovery is number one right now. I absolutely want to move but the relationship I have with him is more important. I don't feel that I would resent him because he has expressed the desire to move there eventually even if it's not right now when we talked about it a few months ago. We've been together a couple years and I've known each other since middle school. I realize there's a potential for relapse as he went to rehab once before and that happened. However I have a bright outlook on everything. The individuals in my Al-Anon meeting mentioned that it would be conducive to his recovery to move away from this bad area. I get that it seems like just uprooting would wreak havoc but in fact I think if we give it a little time as we have the next 8 months to think about it (his recovery being #1 of course) that it would in fact potentially be the opposite.