View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 07:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
itiswellwmysoul

Hmmm

I attend my Al-Anon meetings each week and have already mentioned that I want to move out-of-state where my aunt and uncle live. Everyone in the group was supportive and let me know that they believe that would be a great idea to get out of this bad area where there are negative influences that will continue to try and bring him down. These same people have been trying to get ahold of him while he has been in rehab to hang out not knowing he's there. I totally get that it's not a cure-all and that he needs to focus number one on his recovery right now. However I do not see the harm in lightly mentioning my desire to move down there eventually and I would like him with if it's God's will. I told him that in the letter that I know the right thing will work out & no pressure, just my thoughts. My fellow group members and Al-Anon said they believed it would be conducive to his recovery as opposed to coming back to the same negative area with constant temptation from his peers that he used to spend time with frequently before rehab. This is my first time mentioning it in a few months. I am his girlfriend and I'm completely open and honest with him.