Thread: Social question
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 10:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sohard

Oh, I definitely don’t think they would ever ask me why I don’t drink. It’s not that. It’s that I don’t even want them to wonder why I don’t drink. I don’t want them to wonder If I’ve ever struggled or been addicted to it. Not because it is wrong or embarrassing, but because it’s personal. I also wouldn’t want them to wonder if I underwent chemotherapy last year or was diabetic. Not on my first visit. It’s just uncomfortable for me because it’s personal. I know there was a coworker of mine who didn’t drink 2 years at our holiday party. And I know a few people spoke about it the next day. Certainly not in front of him. And certainly not with judgement. We just wondered: is he in alcoholic? I just don’t want them wondering about me, but I think that’s human nature. Of course, new people normally wonder about you, but they don’t normally wonder about struggles you’ve had right off the bat. In my opinion, It would be natural for them to think about that in this situation. Anyway. My plan is still to go with the plate of appetizers and the medication excuse. Personally, I think I’ll leave and they might have a conversation wondering why I don’t drink. Was my reason true? That’s not a horrible thing. I think the conversation will be had. I’ll just have to get used to it.