View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
KeepingCalm

Welcome KC. How are things going for you?
Hi Entropy, thanks for asking. Not bad - 5 days. Made it through my anniversary on 7/2 with my wife without drinking. She drinks but not heavy. I splurged on food to make up for not ordering a drink (or six) - kinda made it worth it. Made it through the 4th of July w/o drinking but man did I want to.

Withdrawals aren't bad I guess but then I've never really tried quitting in the past. I'm pretty tired most of the day. More than normal. I have to force myself to focus. Sweating like a dog. A little shaky. And my heart rate is a little faster than normal. I don't feel like death though.

This may or may not make since - Everyday I go without drinking is a win and I need 'wins' more than I need a drink. I believe that's the mindset that will make this a lasting change. All things considered, I'm feeling pretty solid right now.

It sounds like you got sick and tired of being sick and tired the boozing thing started to get old and I bet that last hangover kindof I put you over the edge they suck don't they I bet this one was bad for you so man keep it up three days a lot better than nothing one day at a time
Yes they do suck. Funny thing is, that hangover was far from the worst. There are things that I want personally and professionally and for whatever reason, that morning, I realized that I'd never have them if I continued to drink. I've had that thought 100 times in the past few years. That morning I believed it, it was a reality and it scared the sh*t outta me.

There's a saying out there that I'm sure many here have heard: "When things aren't adding up, start subtracting." Things weren't so I did. I appreciate your comment, sounds like you know where I'm coming from.