View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Troubledone

Anyone within the gravitational pull of an addict will get sucked into a vortex of chaos. How strong, brave and wise of you to use your strength to look it squarely and pull away from it all. You have every right to be proud of the actions you are taking.

If I have learned anything from my 15 year journey with my addicted niece (meth) it is that my "helping" gets in the way of her higher power working with her. I think that is true for most or all addicts. Helping in the short term with the problems resulting from poor decisions doesn't really help in the long run for people to do what they need to do, it only prolongs the agony, blocks the action of their higher power in their lives and depletes the one who is "helping".

He may take a few more runs at you to test your resolve. I am hoping that is not the case. It is also my experience that when you really mean it, they get it and if they are not ready to get sober, look elsewhere for enabling.

Sending you a big hug, and prayers for strength, clarity and wisdom. Wishing you a life of the joyful freedom that comes from taking responsibility for your own life and letting others take responsibility for theirs.