View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
dawnrising

Fwn - I can only share my experience. I believe I was led to the community where I am now. Things happened in such a universe kind of way I cannot deny. I was terrified to take this place on actually afraid of getting everything I ever thought I wanted. (what if I was wrong, what if I lost it, what if it was too hard.) Turns out diagnosed with cancer about 8 weeks after taking the leap. This place, my new community, my old and new friends are exactly what I needed to heal. This is my healing place. A place to heal from cancer, walking away from my marriage, starting over in my late 40's. My body is strong, my support system is vast and more miracles show up daily for me. One of my biggest fears was explaining myself in this very conservative community and fearing the judgement that may come. But I faced my fear and told the first neighbor I met (months after I met her) Because of her age and upbringing I expected her to be super judgemental, but she really surprised me. Nothing phased her. I took that leap because she would constantly show up in my driveway with a nugget of wisdom that I needed at the time. I just felt like she was sent for a reason. I would say trust your gut, you are a survivor, when the time is right and you'll know when that is, you will change your situation. I would also second the idea that being a single mom although very hard, still has to be easier than parenting with an alcoholic, that BS is exhausting! I would also say that something that really helped me through every single day was the 100 days of happiness on this site. I did several rounds and I believe it made all the difference. When you are open to the universe, the universe opens up to meet you. Much love