View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Briansy

End of day 11 and I will say I was somewhat tested today. Stress levels went through the roof when I was on the receiving end of two instances of clear injustice in my line of work. It actually happens all the time in what we do - we're headhunters so automatically assumed to be the lowest form of scum - so I really do need to find a way to box those frustrations and put them to one side knowing that the cards may be stacked against us in some instances but in the grand scheme of things make pretty decent money for the hours we do.

Amazing how the brain reverts to expecting the well engrained practice of imbibing to provide "relief" from said stress. I guess being more finely tuned to what's going on on those moments helps detach from it and ride it through, but it's hard not to resent it and resort to pointless self pity.

In other news I've started on Allen Carr. Slightly disconcerted by how eerily similar the message is to this naked mind. It most certainly provided the spine to Annie's book but, again, just because I made that observation doesn't invalidate the message which is a good one. I guess the positive message is she took a strong message and built on it and updated it and made it stronger. Like a cover song that is better than a widely admired original.

Anyway, rambling. The conclusion being to please try to stop focusing on the negatives! As there are a lot of positives in all of this - not least the successful conclusion of day 11.