View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Abraham

Originally Posted by braebear View Post
Hi, I'm new. Not new to drinking. 14 years in. It started the day my Mother died. Now, here I am, pooping blood and drink beer every single day. My husband can't stand me, nor do my kids. When do you get to the point of being done, what makes it possible? I wake up every morning saying "today is THE day", but an hour later, I'm buying beer. I'm lost and done...
Damn.. I wish I could answer this question for you. I did the same thing for over 10 years. Saying today is the day. Said I'd quit when my daughter was born when I was 38. Then said I would quit when I turned 40. Now I'm turning 48 tomorrow and I have just quit for the first time just 3 weeks ago. I cant honestly say what made me finally pull the trigger and quit for real but I did. All I can do is encourage you to do so. It is better and might not be as hard as you think. Its the doing it the first day and getting through the next few days of withdrawal than can be extra tough. Then it was not so tough for me. For some its a struggle for a while. All you can do is try. It may be easy for you. You just have to make the call and not pick up a drink all day. Simple but not easy, but smart.