Notices

Hi...I'm new and need help....

Old 07-03-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi...I'm new and need help....

Hi, I'm new. Not new to drinking. 14 years in. It started the day my Mother died. Now, here I am, pooping blood and drink beer every single day. My husband can't stand me, nor do my kids. When do you get to the point of being done, what makes it possible? I wake up every morning saying "today is THE day", but an hour later, I'm buying beer. I'm lost and done...
Old 07-03-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Support helps a lot braebear & you'll find lot of that here.
SR helped me turn my life around - I know we can help you too

Stick around stay posting and reading and before you know it you'll have a day down

D
Old 07-03-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning . sorry about your ailments. First off for me is acceptance. Which based on ypur statement sounds like you have a problem. if you have insurance or whatever I would look into maybe an impatient if it's possible I would surely go to the doctor to see If he can take care of your situation. Then you have to get your mind right. start thinking what can I take out of this equation to make my life better and I believe you know the answer to that and that's Booze. Don't look at next week look at it today look at the clock I will not drink for this hour if that's how you have to do it I promise you it's not going to be easy in the beginning but I promise you it will get better and you will see that you were going to start solving your problems instead of putting Band-Aids on them cuz at the end of the day even though you got your beer odds are you still have your problems and then starts the Vicious Cycle all over again like you're running on a treadmill eliminate the booze give time for your body to heal and then you will start seeing things more clear just take it one day at a time right now I am on day 60 and I'm just in awe in my self
Old 07-03-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, braebear. Sorry your suffering! Beer is my thing too...i had 3 months sober and then drank again and i hate it! This is day 3 sober for me and i cant wait to get more time behind me. The first thing you have to do is get sober. Do you have withdraws? If so, you'll have to get medical help for that. Once you get through that, you will start feeling so much better and can start learning to live sober! Living life sober is so worth it! Im really glad your here and are reaching out for support! Sending hugs your way!
Old 07-03-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow...so much support. As I went to get beer, just felt like I was letting y'all down. But I still bought it. Just not sure how to start
Old 07-03-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Withdrawls are bad, not horrible yet. shakes, mind playing games, yada yada
Old 07-03-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes the withdrawals are horrible that was a key factor in me not wanting to drink anymore I don't have any more relapses in me. Thats a reason some folks go back to boozin cuz the withdrawals are bad
Old 07-03-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by braebear View Post
Hi, I'm new. Not new to drinking. 14 years in. It started the day my Mother died. Now, here I am, pooping blood and drink beer every single day. My husband can't stand me, nor do my kids. When do you get to the point of being done, what makes it possible? I wake up every morning saying "today is THE day", but an hour later, I'm buying beer. I'm lost and done...
Damn.. I wish I could answer this question for you. I did the same thing for over 10 years. Saying today is the day. Said I'd quit when my daughter was born when I was 38. Then said I would quit when I turned 40. Now I'm turning 48 tomorrow and I have just quit for the first time just 3 weeks ago. I cant honestly say what made me finally pull the trigger and quit for real but I did. All I can do is encourage you to do so. It is better and might not be as hard as you think. Its the doing it the first day and getting through the next few days of withdrawal than can be extra tough. Then it was not so tough for me. For some its a struggle for a while. All you can do is try. It may be easy for you. You just have to make the call and not pick up a drink all day. Simple but not easy, but smart.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Wow...so much support. As I went to get beer, just felt like I was letting y'all down. But I still bought it. Just not sure how to start
By pouring it out.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The first step is the hardest but no other steps can be taken until you make the decision to stop.

Don't hesitate to get medical help with your detox. Go to emergency or call your dr.

You can do this if you really want to. But there is no going around it, only through it.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

People change when they hurt enough and have to or learn enough and want to.

The fact that you are posting here demonstrates you are ready to change.

The main navigational tools in life are values and purpose. People overcome compulsive drinking, out of purpose-based motivation (based on values) -- they better themselves when they recognize how their habits, violate who they were, what they want to be, where they want to go in life.

“Don’t copy the behavior or values of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

Addictions always serve an emotional purpose! The mind is more reliable than emotions. The way you think determines the way you feel, and the way you feel determines the way you act. If you want to change the way you act, start by changing the way you think. Don’t conform, transform!
Old 07-03-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What makes it possible in my opinion is very hard work and iron determination. We are addicts. Chance is not easy. Do the hard yards and then it is possible.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

For me, it was finding a detox center and checking myself in. Then I did 45 days in a residential treatment program. After 3 times doing this it stuck.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think it's up to you to decide when you are done. I remember saying day after day during my hangovers at work, that I wasn't going to drink again, but after work, all was forgotten and I'd be back at it. I knew I was headed down the wrong path, and eventually it got so bad it frightened me. Whatever is required to actually quit, I wish I could just hand it to you, but I can't. It's up to you, but support and actual knowledge about the process of giving it up is available, here or elsewhere. You don't have to go it alone when you make up your mind.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I grappled with drinking for so many years. During the final few months, I ended up going to almost every E.R. in Las Vegas for detox bc I would get home, relapse, hate myself, then drink more and sink further into a perpetually dark existence. I knew I was f**** at home and had to find the will to go back to the hospital. And everytime, the hardest part was getting there because I always had some reason not to go 'now'. I would say things like, but what about my son?, what about my BF?, how are they going to get on without me?, what if I have to stay for a day?, 2 or 3 days?, how will everyone manage without me around?....

Looking back, I was only making excuses to keep drinking. Because I was Scared.. Terrified!..to figure out how in the h*** I could manage without adrink, when in fact, it was the booze making my life totally unmanageable.. Crazy right?

I can't say that the first trip to the E.R. changed everything...nor did the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. .in fact, each time was harder and harder bc my alcoholism got more clever at devising excuses to keep me away from the hospitals!

Fast forward 66 days, I couldn't be more satisfied with my decision to quit, and seeking help outside of my home. I am Free from the mental torture and the physical torture that alcohol prescribes. You can be too. It sounds far-fetched, but it is true when ppl here on SR say that it can be done and all it takes is to not take that next drink. Just don't give up. God Bless You.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey braebear, I hope you make the decision to get sober and get the help you need. It sounds like you should seek medical advice.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Withdrawls are bad, not horrible yet. shakes, mind playing games, yada yada
Best thing you can do is pour it out
If you're worried about withdrawal the best thing you can do is see your Dr.

I know neither of those things is easy - but they are the right things to do.

D
Old 07-03-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Pour out the beer. Make this your day one. Don't drink no matter what. Don't drink one minute/hour/day at a time. It can be done. A doctor can help you get thru the withdrawal. But if you drink to stop the withdrawal, you'll just have to go thru it all over again. I hope our support and suggestions can help you get sober for good.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Braebear - We know you can do this. Don't give up on a better life for yourself. Keep trying. We're here to listen, support, & encourage you.