View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Briansy

End of day 8! Had an overnighter to play golf yesterday and today with a friend who I typically would have drank with. He had wine with dinner and a pint at some local neighborhood bar that was established in 1767 or something - we stood out like a sore thumb as not from the village and got chatting to the friendly locals. I was on guard at all times and trying to determine where he and I were getting our enjoyment from on the night. Most of it was interacting with the friendly locals and if I had been drinking I would have gone on a mission and probably not done much interacting with anyone bar talking at my mate and slipping into texting and going in to my own head. I can't say it was super enjoyable, but it was useful and there was no real temptation at any time. That being said, hanging out in bars is not something I want to do any of at all in the coming months. But we had this weekend arranged and I wanted to be fair to him. Also, if the premise of what I want to do is not want a drink rather than feel deprived then it was useful to understand where I was at with that.

Finished that book on Friday but gonna go back to chapter one tomorrow and hammer home the message. Feeling good tonight and remain motivated.