View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ohbrowat

Thx.

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Glad you are here! One month is awesome.

And, I'm just going to address the PAWS thing from my experience- a month is quite reasonable to feel some/all/many/whatever of its symptoms. I had it quite severely- being a syndrome, there's not a diagnosis but this clicked with me IMMEDIATELY when I read it- largely because it put a context and an A-HA to my experiences -

And....this time, what is your plan of action for sobriety? So many changes and so much in all ways - it takes time and that's what us alcoholics hate!

Keep going.
Thanks. Yes, I’ve been through that website a couple times. I may have gotten it from one of your posts. I also see you close most of your posts to newbies with your plan of action question. It’s a question I think about often. I referred to Memento as a good analogy, and I know the bold thoughts will pop up again. I know that AA works for many, and believe me I’ve tried. But I’ve struggled mightily to find any reference points in that environment. None of the half dozen groups I’ve tried (in different states and demographics) have resonated with me. So I don’t know yet. I’ve recorded a video telling my future self where I am now. Does that count?