View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 10:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Briansy

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Sorry to hear that- what are you going to do instead? Anything it takes not to drink, as small an amount of time it takes (like laundry) or longer (binge ANYTHING on Netflix!) etc. Check in with us.
Productive early evening so far. Call with my folks I've been putting off, two rounds of laundry, replaced a couple of items I needed to return and picked up some ironing. For rest of the evening I have plenty of Annie Grace to listen to. Her case is really compelling and I'm surprised at how I've managed to get through this withdrawal. It should be brutal but there's no rhyme nor reason to that side of things. I definitely know my system is still not right though. That anxiety I felt earlier had a hell of a lot of more force. But resisting the urge to wallow has been good. Speaking to my folks was good too. That's one thing that my drinking has done and it has made me hide from them. Seeing them 2 weeks from today at which point I should be in much better shape physically and mentally. Will buy some new clothes so I'm presenting myself to them as a respectable member of society!