Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Becca829

Relapse

its been a long time since I have been on this board but really need some support right now. My husband is an opiate addict. He had 14 months sober and I believe relapsed on Sunday. He’s not admitting it but all the signs were there...went to look at a car with my brother who is in active addiction and came home with pinpoint pupils, sweating, clearly intoxicated, and of course lying about it all. He started by swearing he didn’t take anything then changed his story and said he took a muscle relaxer for back pain...ya not buying it.

i haven’t really talked to him yet other than the initial wtf is going on conversation which was literally me calling him out, him lying, and me ending it because why bother at that point. Plus the kids don’t need to see us arguing. I do plan to have a conversation with him I just haven’t had a chance due to work schedules (he works nights).

I am devastated. I really thought that he was past this. It’s been over a year! I know relapse can happen at any time but i really didn’t see this coming. My head is spinning and now I’m thinking that this may not have been the first time. I have no reason to believe he has used prior to Sunday but we only see each other in passing during the week due to work schedules so it wouldn’t be too hard for him to hide it at least for a little while.

I am praying that this really was the first time and he realizes how stupid he was and moves forward. But his lying has me extremely concerned that things are going to go in the opposite direction. The only thing I know for sure is that after living through hell with him in active addiction I will not return to that life. I have made it very clear that I will divorce if he goes back to that life and as much as I love him I will not live through that again.

Just looking for some support/advice.