Old 06-25-2019, 03:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
August252015

Soooo a few things:

Y'all know what I'm going to say about AA - you have to work the program and do the steps. Otherwise, yeah, you're sober and (maybe) going to meetings and you just aren't going to see the promises come true, for your own life.

Two - I've had ups and downs as far as # mtgs/wk in my almost 3.5 yr sober. Right now, I'm doing 5 and probably adding back my Sun am for a couple of reasons. That's my sweet spot and I know if I dip to 1 or 2....I'm just not as emotionally sober as I can be! Life is better when I go to meetings. Even when I don't want to...

Three- 7.5 mo is awesome and EARLY. People don't like it when I say that, but in the span of a lifetime in recovery (which is what I want) that was indeed early, and I in fact called myself a "newcomer" in some way til almost 2 yr.

Indeed, I saw the dips and so on- and 8 mo and 10 mo and 13 are more memorably "good" than some of the surrounding milestones.

My suggestion circles back to my opening comment: committing to the program is the way to go if you are going to actually "do" AA. If you aren't, then meetings can be a great supplement to another program of your choice. Toe in the water isn't what BB or people with experience or have what I want, nor indeed the approach I have found to a beautiful, perfectly imperfect life.

Just my $0.02. Keep going.