Thread: Seeing the good
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mango212
Life is good

Sometimes when we're done we are simply done and we know it. Healing happens in many ways.

With my non-alcoholic FOO, 'seeing the good' is allowing an awareness of unhealthy behaviors and being able to say, 'I heal quickly with great support from people who understand these dynamics.'

Even as I kept No Contact with my husband through much of his active alcoholism in this part year, I had meditations that opened my awareness of both the good and the trauma I've experienced.

Allowing my emotions a voice, allowing myself to feel my feelings and then learning to direct my attention to the good in the day is a practice that's becoming easy.

Trusting my healthy instincts allows room for great self-care and then (second) room for healthy interactions with my husband. He is currently sober, in recovery and we are still living apart.

Positive words and outlooks are amazing in transforming my recovery! It opens me up to kindness for self and others. Through my recovery, what is kind is much different than I used to think. Allowing an awareness of trauma, past or present, is an important component. That is also a kindness for myself. To honor and be aware of what I've been through and am currently dealing with.

Namaste.

One day at a time.