View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 06:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Purina

Thank you all for the links and the positive words. It really means alot to me. I ate a meal and I feel alot better now.

Its helpful to realize that all these negative statements are all just lies and that the devil on my left shoulder is just trying to butter me up to go out and drink.

Its amazing the lengths that this addiction will go just to get that first drink in us. I remember how i would start a big fight with my girlfriend 4 years ago just to have an excuse to storm off and go buy beer to drink in the car on the way home. Looking back on it........ this addiction will stoop to any low just to con us into taking the first drink or the first drug.

Truly a ruthless enemy and it lives right between my ears and thats why its good for me to talk to other people and not to isolate too much. I think I will head out to an AA meeting after all. It sure beats stewing around in my sorrows.

Im going to bookmark this page so that in the future I can link it to other people who are having similar negative thoughts and hopefully this will be helpful to other people that are going thru similar struggles.

Dont believe the lies. We have a bright future to enjoy once we overcome this addiction. I can weather this storm with the love and support of others.

Thanks again.