View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 12:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
WhoDeyPI

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Great story! And hopefully an awesome sober....FRIEND.

It jumped out at me that you said sponsor each other. That's not how it works- and you guys are in very different places. I forget what (if) you are doing in AA? I'd strongly suggest against jumping into a situation where y'all think you can sponsor each other....he's coming off a relapse and has LOTS of time and experience to share....but he needs some stuff now that is different than what you need as a newcomer.....

If I've missed some posts by you, WDP, forgive me if I'm off a bit here- but the co-sponsor thing isn't a good idea (and I'm not sure how it would even work, really).
I assumed he was just using the sponsor term interchangeably with "sober friend", but maybe I am wrong to make that assumption. I do not "work the steps" and have not attended AA in the past, but am not opposed to giving it a whirl. He mentioned that he has attended meetings in the past, and would like to attend more. I guess I need to clarify.

I do not really see myself as a "newcomer" anymore. I don't know if "newcomer" has a set definition....I just post on this section because I'm comfortable with the people here.