View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Afternoon all. Its 1 pm here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Had a wonderful evening yesterday, I had tickets to see Sir Ian McKellen at my local theatre. It is a very small, very old theatre and we were honoured to have him play there. Because so many people wanted to go the theatre did a lottery for tickets and I won two. My friend from AA was complaining that she didn't get tickets she would miss out. I had the extra one so we went together.
He was beyond amazing, we were mesmerised the whole way through. Because it was such an event for a small town small theatre everyone got a free drink on arrival, in fact the bar was lined with white and red wine, my friend and I had a coffee and a good laugh about how it would have been before we got sober! It was a big reminder for me, I wouldn't have even been there, I would have been at home with the curtains drawn and on my third bottle of wine. I volunteer at the theatre (I think the lottery was a fix as all volunteers 'won' tickets), and I know I would not be doing that either. I am coming up 18 months sober and my life has changed beyond recognition. I am so so grateful for my life.
Ohhhhhhh Juliet.....just wow. How incredible. What an amazing experience....he is well, just a legend. And yes, how sweet that the lottery was fixed for the volunteers..... And how beautiful you are and your story is....you are the epitome of the promises coming true.

Just fantastic. ♥♥