View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Atalose....our lives have many parallels! If nothing else it's nice to not feel alone and speak to others who can relate.Thank you for sharing with me friend!
In looking at the other people at the memory care unit, none of them seem to be like my dad. They all still look around and will make eye contact. I think that is the most disheartening of all is that he does not even seem to look...at anything. It's just...nothing.

I talked to my sister last night, we are going to talk to my mom this weekend and try to get her to go to three days a week and whenever she feels like it on the weekend. I think that would help her. All we can do is try.

As far as myself, I am in some kind of funk. My anxiety is high and I cannot really pin point why. It would seem that this would be it, but I don't really think so. This is my norm as far as I have been living with this with my dad for quite some time, so it's nothing really new. I don't know.

This seems silly to even mention, but I have not even been making my bed. When I divorced several years ago (five...wow, time flys), I read an article that said you will be a happier person if you make your bed every day. I ALWAYS do so no matter what. This week I just found myself not giving a darn. Very unlike me. I went out of town last weekend and have not even unpacked all of my stuff. I am normally a "neat freak" so this is just out of my norm in a big way.

I am going to try to relax some this weekend and get myself together. Wash all my linens (I do this every Saturday), unpack, and just try to get myself back on track. I know part of this is having a longer commute in the morning. It's still not too bad, but it does take about 20 mins longer for me to get to work, so it's thrown off my morning routine I have had for all of these years.

I don't know why I am blathering on about all of this except I have been journaling this morning trying to figure out why I am feeling this anxiety and unrest. I am at work and every little thing is grating my nerves. There is one person especially who has on very loud flip flops and just keeps flipping around the office all over the place. I find myself just cringing and wanting to tell her to stop flopping LOL! Things that would normally not bother me in the least.

Dear Lord, may today pass quickly.....