Thread: uneasiness
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 02:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hummingbird358

uneasiness

For those who have family members in recovery, does the uneasiness ever go away? Does the constant stomach roll every go away when you see a text come in or a call come in and you fear to read it or answer it?
My AS should be almost 75 days sober. Have not a clue though for certain. Don't know if AS is meeting with sponsor or going to meetings.
Went silent for a few weeks now back to sending me pictures via text. Showed actual concern for a family member which was never the case in over 10 years. Although then did text asking for financial help with travel costs to go somewhere which I totally ignored.
Thought for sure AS would pull away again for a few weeks because didn't get the help but did send some pictures via text so mustn't be holding too much of a grudge for not getting help... although maybe he will try again.
So, I guess I am just not sure going forward how to respond to texts. I never ask questions because I don't want to get into a spot where I have to defend my self. I don't tell him what is going on with family because I fear it will upset him and he will turn to booze to sooth himself like before... (death of dog, grandpa had mild heart attack, etc) I just don't tell him because he never asks how anyone is doing...

Any advice on what to "talk/text" about? I don't ask if he is going to meetings, etc. Wouldn't know if he was telling the truth or not. Lives far away so not a clue what is really going on in his life.

Just wish it wouldn't be so uneasy making conversation. Wish it would not be so traumatizing getting a call or text from my own child.