View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 07:59 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
BarbieKen

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
Thank you
I don't have a sponsor no. My local group is only small. The meeting yesterday was in the city and a lot bigger. I did share and felt better. They gave me a couple of numbers and told me to especially contact one as her story was very similar.
I messaged her and we are going to speak in the week. She is doing a main share in a couple of weeks so need to try and make the meeting if I'm not working
I can't realistically go to this meeting regularly as it's too far away
I will try and go to a big book meeting, but someone told me it's not for new people only ones who have got a lot of sobriety
Hi Pinky,
So happy to hear that you & another kindred spirit are going to meet each other. Keep those doors open.

Wow on NOT going to a Big Book Meeting because you are NEW??? I was in a Rehab for a month . My first and only time. From the first Saturday they drove us ladies to the same BB MTG that I still attend regularly .

So many, many treatment Centers come to this excellent Mtg! First thing CASA (my Rehab in Pasadena) asked me to do, was read The Doctor's Opinion. What?? And what does this mean??

That's why we ALL go to study, to discuss, to ask any 'ol questions we have. Pinky, resources & meetings are Online. Reach out my friend.
❤️
Bobbi

P.S. You'll hear this a lot as you continue on your sober oath .... " It only takes 2 to make a meeting". A Sponsor guides you through the Twelve Steps.