Old 06-07-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dsmaxis10

Unhappy low testosterone,mental illness,alcohlism

Unfortunately I have all three I sure wish I did not. Well I'm coming up on a one year sobriety in less then three weeks . I have been stable a year I have schizoaffective bipolar disorder. Now to the low testosterone I have it for sure been tested 7 times in two years low below 300 ng/dl everytime except once I was 317 ng/dl lowest 205 ng/dl . I have lost 51 pounds in months less then a year and I was taking nine medications down to 4 going to 2 in a while. I'll just take a antipsychotic and mood stabilizer right now I also take Buspar for anxiety and Trazodone for sleep. There's no way around medication I tried and tried only to be hospitalized in a psychward 17 times. I went and seen my psychiatrist yesterday and I asked him if I could take Testosterone Replacement Therapy he said don't worry about it causing symtoms of the mental illnesses . He said he study it's effects alot and what it does in patients and written others they all had barely very few problems. I tell ya hearing this I was relieved . I have not seen my urologist for a year he was going to give me TRT then I chose not to because I was obese and drinking and was afraid of what it would do to me mentally. All test were low LH , FSH Free testosterone, Androgen index like everything. Low testosterone makes the negative symyoms of schizophrenia worse. I have not decided if I would do it but the doors open. I have all the symtoms of low T and it sucks. I just don't see what else I cloud do. I'm 40 life sure don't go as planned again. But I'm sure excited to be coming up on a year sobriety and being stable mentally except a little depression.