Notices

low testosterone,mental illness,alcohlism

Old 06-07-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy low testosterone,mental illness,alcohlism

Unfortunately I have all three I sure wish I did not. Well I'm coming up on a one year sobriety in less then three weeks . I have been stable a year I have schizoaffective bipolar disorder. Now to the low testosterone I have it for sure been tested 7 times in two years low below 300 ng/dl everytime except once I was 317 ng/dl lowest 205 ng/dl . I have lost 51 pounds in months less then a year and I was taking nine medications down to 4 going to 2 in a while. I'll just take a antipsychotic and mood stabilizer right now I also take Buspar for anxiety and Trazodone for sleep. There's no way around medication I tried and tried only to be hospitalized in a psychward 17 times. I went and seen my psychiatrist yesterday and I asked him if I could take Testosterone Replacement Therapy he said don't worry about it causing symtoms of the mental illnesses . He said he study it's effects alot and what it does in patients and written others they all had barely very few problems. I tell ya hearing this I was relieved . I have not seen my urologist for a year he was going to give me TRT then I chose not to because I was obese and drinking and was afraid of what it would do to me mentally. All test were low LH , FSH Free testosterone, Androgen index like everything. Low testosterone makes the negative symyoms of schizophrenia worse. I have not decided if I would do it but the doors open. I have all the symtoms of low T and it sucks. I just don't see what else I cloud do. I'm 40 life sure don't go as planned again. But I'm sure excited to be coming up on a year sobriety and being stable mentally except a little depression.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time, dsmaxis. That's really great.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All this sounds really good and hopeful for you!
Old 06-07-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sobriety. Above all else, that is the best thing you can and did do for yourself. Continue on your journey, research your options and keep talking to your doctors.

Very proud of you!
Old 06-07-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your near year man

D
Old 06-08-2019, 12:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody for your support.