Old 06-07-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Originally Posted by Lucy79 View Post
Just needed to vent. I was really upset tonight over something that happened with a complete stranger who was acting like an entitled douche. I was already a little upset about something else, so after this incident I just sat in my car and ugly cried. Immediately the thought of a drink came into my head as I was so upset and shaken. I couldn’t believe after having a great day that this one thing would make me feel this way. It really upset me even more. I didn’t act on it. I finally was able to rationally tell myself that if I went and got a bottle, it wasn’t going to punish said douchebag. It would punish me. He will go on with his day being an entitled jerk and I would just ruin the rest of my week with a hangover. Thinking it out like that made way more sense.

I did go home and cry cry some more though. Maybe I just needed a good cry. I had plans for gardening this evening. I changed clothes but then just sat sown and drank some coffee. Accomplishing nothing. I was just drained from the whole incident and I’m just upset my night was ruined. But it would have been even worse if I picked up. Thanks for letting me vent.
I thought that was a wonderful story. The incident itself about the douchebag I can relate to as an unpleasant event, but the wonderful part is that you were too smart to drink. It's tests like this that prove our mettle, and each time you do, you get stronger. As for the crying part, I don't think there is anything wrong with a good cry, and it beats the heck out of getting drunk. And a fleeting thought of drinking at 51 days is to be expected, even if there is nothing to precipitate it.