Old 06-06-2019, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
snitch

Awwww big hugs to you.

Congratulatons for not picking up! Do you realise how huge that is??? If someone so much as sven looked at me the wrong way I would drink over it. Second, well done for sharing! That's also amazing. Sharing how you feel with other alcoholics who "get it" is a very powerful tool n recovery. Share instead of picking up.

We are completely powerless over other people. How they behave, what they think, what they do. We cannot change or control them. But we can control how we react and act ourselves. Dont hold onto this any longer. As Dee said, don't allow anyone to rent space in your head for free. I pray for people like this. I think maybe they are spiritually sick and I ask my HIger Power for patience, compassion and tolerance. I pray that they receive everything in their life that I would want for me in mine. Peace, happiness and serenity. I do not do this for them (I am not a saint lol). I do it for me. For I cannot afford to carry a resentment as a resentment could lead me to pick up a drink. A resentment could kill me.

What I have learnt in recovery is no matter what happens, I do not drink. Over anything or anyone. My sobriety has to come first and is the most important thing in my life.

I think you are amazing!