Old 06-06-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lucy79

51 Days and a Fleeting Thought of Drinking

Just needed to vent. I was really upset tonight over something that happened with a complete stranger who was acting like an entitled douche. I was already a little upset about something else, so after this incident I just sat in my car and ugly cried. Immediately the thought of a drink came into my head as I was so upset and shaken. I couldn’t believe after having a great day that this one thing would make me feel this way. It really upset me even more. I didn’t act on it. I finally was able to rationally tell myself that if I went and got a bottle, it wasn’t going to punish said douchebag. It would punish me. He will go on with his day being an entitled jerk and I would just ruin the rest of my week with a hangover. Thinking it out like that made way more sense.

I did go home and cry cry some more though. Maybe I just needed a good cry. I had plans for gardening this evening. I changed clothes but then just sat sown and drank some coffee. Accomplishing nothing. I was just drained from the whole incident and I’m just upset my night was ruined. But it would have been even worse if I picked up. Thanks for letting me vent.