Old 06-04-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
August252015

Just checking back in and wondering your thoughts from our shares and ideas and experience, Chrysene?

One thing I chose to overlook when I wanted to keep on drinking - and not have consequences- was the inconvenient fact that the responses people gave to me were nearly universal. They simply didn't "support" the fact that I was ok. Don't care the label but when it's time to think about, even initially as I'd say you are in terms of action, the idea of an unmanageable life, as AA Step 1 (part 2) challenges us with and as do the growing schools of why people quit drinking, things are already beyond any concept of "control" we mistakenly have. I mean that for both the alcoholic/problem drinker/whatever - AND (any) you in a relationship with that person.

Hope you take what we are, indeed, collectively saying (except the person "not in the USA" who I was quite dismayed to read a response from) in grave seriousness.

Why "grave"? Because this is a life and death matter. Eventually for him, if he doesn't stop....and emotionally and spiritually and mentally for you.

Getting sober takes great courage and strength and commitment to us alcoholics. Choosing the life you want also takes those same things. Best to you for the best- daring- choice for yourself.