Old 06-02-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paulsandy

Drink driving offence and Security Industry license in UK

Hi all,
I got a friend in charity works (unpaid workwork) place.He is relaly hopeless with his situation and looking for a help.
As per him he got the following conviction on drunk driving in UK.
1.27 month driving ban.
2.Community order of 120 hours.
3.A court fine of £370…
He never tells his employer and SIA industry and working the same job.He sees SIA website and find no offences updated.
He can't say anyone regarding his offence as I guess he is safe to work because he has given all his employer details and nature of work to police and the court
He believe police would tell SIA and his employer if he was not fit for the work he has been doing .However SIA website says he has to inform a new conviction to themwebsite otherwise license could be revoked and imprisonment could be made.
He worrys he may get another conviction at the time of his license renewed .He also fears that he may get a imprisonment sentence once SIA knows that he is working without informing SIA?
He got advices from solicitors that he may get any punishment while informing or not .No one is sure of the outcome.
Anyone here who have faced the similar situation and shares an experience here would be a huge relief for him .
I will pass this info to him.
Thank you for your support.
regards