View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
snitch

Awwww thank you all. We are just waiting to check in for our flight.

Dont get me wrong, as lovely as our holiday was real life does have its moments! Kids can be challenging, putting on sun cream was a real battle with her, and there were times she wanted me to come in the water when all I wanted to do was read my book! Those things, pretty minor really, would have easily sent me running for a drink!. There were times also when we went to eat I had moments of wistful thinking about a glass of wine with my meal . Eating and drinking out was a big part, well HUGE part of my life. But I have accepted what I am today. There is nothing romantic in a glass or 2 of wine for me. As soon as those thoughts come I tell them to do one as wine or any alcohol of course is pure poison to me.

I work every day at my recovery. Praying, gratitude, AA meetings, 12 step work, sober recovery, church. I stay away from pubs and bars and heavy drinking friends/people. I stay close to the fellowship and sober friends. The 12 steps of AA is allowing me to live my life sober, something I had no idea how to do!

If I can do this anyone can I really mean it!

Thanks for all your support it means so much to me. !!

😀😀😀