Old 05-21-2019, 08:07 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Hi Weekenders, hows it going, it’s still pre-dawn here, dark outside and peaceful!

marisopa, great post!

Andy, Love the throne paraphernalia, not to own though!

The company I and Mr.Mags worked for was all over the news yesterday. It looks like it may go into liquidation if they can’t raise another £30m. It’s not just the 4000 people who work there but all the small companies around this area who do work for them. They make the finest steel for railroads, tyres and much more, but daily I see lorries of imported steel brought for storage not far away. It’s a sad day if they don’t get help. I’m hoping they have a reprieve overnight.

It’s refuse collection today, the streets will be adorned in wheelie bins and recycle boxes all through the village. I remember when I was a kid we had one small metal dustbin and the ‘dustbin man’ would come in our garden to collect it And return it...empty. How times change....modernisation, improvements

I’m in a thoughtful mood this morning, if you hadn’t noticed.
I think it may be a knock on effect from work.

It’s times like this I’m so pleased I’m sober.....in my drinking days any sign of bad news and I would be drunk, comatose for days from it, then again if it was good news I was the same. what a mess I was.