View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 03:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
daisy1

Yes me. I've been trying for about ten years but the last three years I deteriorated massively and have been in hospital numerous times. It's very scary how progressive this thing is because I went from stopping and feeling awful, to stopping and massively fitting on not as much as I used to drink before.
Unfortunately it took me to cardiac arrest to stop and I feel so stupid that even after hospital and fits I would still pick up again.
Most of us relapse but I used that as an excuse to relapse I think!
I hope you have good family and friends because I have found that when I'm triggered, I go into auto pilot and before I know it I'm drinking. My SMART therapist said this can be stopped by talking to someone about what happened, whatever the trigger was. It is working for me, I just pick up the phone and I don't say I'm craving a drink, I take one step back and talk about what happened. Whether it was a major or minor thing or if I'm bored whatever stopping it before I go into auto pilot seems to be working for me.
And when everyone tells me 'you can do this' im allowing myself to believe them.
You can do it :-) xxx